Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding......
Proverbs 3:5

Monday, January 11, 2010

Pointless but interesting.

So someone asked me the other day what did I think the "M.D." in MD Anderson Cancer Center stood for.
I replied that it was probably someones name and "MD" were his first initials. Well I did get that much right, his name was Monroe Dunaway Anderson. Whats the point you might ask? It is always funny to me how a semingly inocuous question can show us GODs hands working behind the scenes. So I looked up the man whos name is so world renound, to find out he probably never had the first thought about opening a cancer center in his lifetime. GOD works in amazing ways, and to think of all the people that have been helped, cured, healed, and cared for over the years all thanks to a man that created a charitable foundation to escape, the possibility of a large estate tax. Here is a link, I found it an interesting read.
http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/facts-and-history/who-was-m-d-anderson-/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment