Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding......
Proverbs 3:5

Thursday, February 18, 2010

6 Weeks Post-Op!

Well today is my 6 week milestone! I am very excited to be here, they say at 6 weeks any chance of on set delayed symptoms should be gone and as far as recovery I am half way there! I feel amazing now, I stopped all my meds 2 days ago and the side effects are pretty much gone! My hair is growing and my hearing is back to the way it was previous to the surgery. Honestly the worst part of this entire thing was the antibiotics, in total I was on 7 different ones. Needless to say I should be protected against anything by now. The last one I was on was actually the antibiotic they use to combat Anthrax! Well I want to just extend my appreciation again to everyone who followed my journey. I couldn't have gotten through this without the support that we had. All the prayers and good thoughts, all the meals for my family, and all of fun new hats. I know that this entire ordeal was much harder on my family than it was for me and so I thank them and say how blessed I am to have such a strong family. I have had quite a bit of time to reflect on things that are important and to learn what isn't important, I have been humbled in new ways. It's such a cliche' to say "that which does not kill you, makes you stronger", but I feel like I found my own meaning to it. I am stronger for what I have learned about myself and the choices I make. I guess more than anything this has been bigger than I ever could have imagined. I knew that this tumor had a special purpose, but I didn't realize how it could become my testimony. I thank God for all I am blessed with and I know to look forward rather than behind. So for this chapter, I will close by simply saying Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment